Behind the war
memorial, built in 1862 and redesigned in 1956, the park has become a
place for relaxation.
Children enjoy the space offered to them for their games, and adults
take to the benches near the pond to better enjoy the quiet.
Seriously damaged by bombardments, the original monument was replaced by
a new memorial, the work of Yves de Coëtlogon, that unites the memory of
the dead of the two wars in a single homage.
An allegory of Peace presses an olive tree branch to her breast.
on the site
of the fortifications
of the old city,