The church was constructed toward the end of the thirteenth century following a
strong growth of the population, the church holds up to 1400, it is in this church that took place, on April 6, 1921, the union between
miss Yvonne Vendroux and captain Charles de Gaulle!
The tower was raised toward the end of the 14th or during the 15th century,
the largest part dating from the English domination.
Notre-Dame is probably the only church in France to offer elements of the
English perpendicular style, added toward 1631-1635, the chapel absidiole is dedicated to the
Virgin Mary. In 1691, on the order of Vauban, a cistern with a capacity of 1800
cubic meters was added against the building intended to collect the
rainwater to provide reserves in case of siege.